Has Norfolk football ace Lauren Hemp scored one of the most bizarre goals ever?
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk star Lauren Hemp has scored one of the most bizarre goals ever at the Under-20 World Cup.
The former Norwich City Ladies striker bagged a hat-trick for her country but it was her third goal in the 6-1 win that got everyone talking.
The ex-North Walsham High School pupil was floored as she rounded Mexico keeper Emily Alvarado but somehow managed to land on the ball and it squirted off her back into the net.
MORE: Lauren Hemp delighted to join Manchester CityThe result saw England finish top of Group B and progress to a final eight clash against the Netherlands.
Hemp signed for Manchester City Ladies in the summer after being crowned PFA young player of the year thanks to her form for Bristol City Ladies last season.
The 17-year-old, who started her career with the Canaries, is widely regarded as one of the rising stars of the women's game.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week