Has Norfolk football ace Lauren Hemp scored one of the most bizarre goals ever?
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk star Lauren Hemp has scored one of the most bizarre goals ever at the Under-20 World Cup.
The former Norwich City Ladies striker bagged a hat-trick for her country but it was her third goal in the 6-1 win that got everyone talking.
The ex-North Walsham High School pupil was floored as she rounded Mexico keeper Emily Alvarado but somehow managed to land on the ball and it squirted off her back into the net.
MORE: Lauren Hemp delighted to join Manchester CityThe result saw England finish top of Group B and progress to a final eight clash against the Netherlands.
Hemp signed for Manchester City Ladies in the summer after being crowned PFA young player of the year thanks to her form for Bristol City Ladies last season.
The 17-year-old, who started her career with the Canaries, is widely regarded as one of the rising stars of the women's game.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 5 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 6 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack