Laura Shreeve leads as Norwich Dragons march on
Unbeaten Norwich Dragons remain three points clear of Yarmouth at the top of the East Women's League's Division 3NE after beating their own 2nds.
Nat Beal scored the only goal of the first half. Two goals by Laura Shreeve, taking her tally for the season to 20, ended the 2nd team's brave resistance in the second.
Yarmouth kept the pressure on with a 5-1 win at Panthers and Norwich City are also firmly in the hunt after remaining unbeaten with a 4-0 win at bottom of the table Loddon thanks to two goals from Anna Horsley and one each from Christie Jones and Emily Anthony.
The seasiders are three points adrift of the leaders while City are a further point behind but with a game in hand.
Becky Cox scored her second successive hat-trick as Sprowston beat Old Buckenham 4-1 to enter the Christmas break on a high. Marie Hood was their other goalscorer.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland beat Ipswich-East Suffolk 3-1 despite being several players down due to illness. Leading scorer Dani Parke put them ahead after five minutes and star player Kerry Payne set up the second for Abi Dennison. After Ipswich had pulled one back Payne completed the scoring.
Harleston Magpies 2nds go into the New Year unbeaten at the top of Division One North.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
In 12 games they have only twice been held to a draw – and in both cases it was Wisbech Town who frustrated them.
On Saturday the Fenland team drew 2-2 draw at Weybread despite trailing 2-0 to goals from Lucy Whiting and Anouska Hipperson.
Wisbech started their fightback with a goal just before half time and completed the recovery in the second half.
The result allowed Ipswich 2nds to close the gap at the top to three points with a 2-0 win at Dereham.
Pelicans edged themselves further clear of relegation worries with a come from behind 2-1 home win over Long Sutton – Kath Johnson and Gabby Stilgoe getting the goals – while there was another 2-2 draw between third-placed Bury St Edmunds and Watton.
Ipswich 3rds remain bottom after crashing 4-1 at home to Lowestoft.