Late try keeps Norwich on the road to Twickenham
- Credit: Andy Micklethwaite
Norwich took a much-changed side to St Albans but continued their good form and their journey on the road to Twickenham.
Norwich took the lead after about 20 minutes when Jonny Wheater gave a good pass to Michael Campton-Smith who went over in the corner. Then on the stroke of half-time St Albans moved into a 7-5 lead with a converted try.
The first 10 minutes of the second half saw Norwich under pressure and great defence kept St Albans out but at the cost of a yellow card for Chris Drohan.
A break by Nick Auston led to Tennant scorching over in the left corner for his first try for Norwich but the home team soon scored another try to move 12-10 in front.
Doug Greenwood moved to flanker because of an injury to Stuart Seppings and burst out of a maul to run 20 yards to score, Jay O'Brien converting for 17-12.
You may also want to watch:
The home side were not finished however and again reclaimed the lead with a converted try, for a 19-17 lead, only for Drohan to crash over late in the game to steal a 22-19 win for Norwich.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub