Late despair again for Yachtsmen
Wroxham suffered injury time heartbreak as David Knight's last-gasp header secured all three points for Thurrock at Ship Lane.
Thurrock controlled possession in the opening stages but it was the Yachtsmen who took the lead after 15 minutes, Aaron Sanders being tripped in the box to give Joe Marsden the chance from the spot, the right back coolly sending Andy Walker the wrong way for his ninth penalty of the season. Wroxham seemed happy to play on the counter attack as the home side searched for a way back into the game, Ross Durrant's 33rd minute corner forcing Walker to tip the ball from under his own bar. As the game edged towards half-time, it was the home side who were finishing the stronger, Lewis Spence and Ross Wall both producing air shots when well placed.
The Fleet carried on their urgency as the second half began, Knight hitting the post and Ross Wall heading wide when well placed, before Spence atoned for his earlier miss to level matters on the hour with a near post header from Lewis Perkins' corner.
Gordon and Matt Halliday cleared two efforts off the line as Thurrock pushed for a winner, before Knight produced late heroics for the second time this season against Wroxham, his stooping header at the back post from Spence's lofted ball in snatching the points for his side in stoppage time.
The Yachtsmen will have to bounce back quickly as they travel to AFC Sudbury – who are currently on a 14 game unbeaten run - tonight as they come up against former boss David Batch.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out