Late Clio Cup promotion for Norfolk teenager Adam Hatfield
- Credit: Jakob Ebrey Photography
Norfolk teenager Adam Hatfield is due to make his Michelin Clio Cup Race Series debut at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit this weekend.
The Junior Saloon Car Championship racer has been announced as a last-minute graduation with leading team SV Racing.
The 16-year-old, from Cranworth, near Watton, will be one of the youngest drivers on the grid during rounds seven and eight.
Hatfield made the step-up into car racing from karting last year in the JSCC and joined Danny Buxton's SV Racing outfit during the second half of the season.
Embarking on a programme in a third generation two-litre racing Clio with the Cheshire team, Hatfield has made strong progress and now has the chance to put all he has learned into practice as team-mate to category podium finisher Sam Randon.
'Originally the plan was to run a full year's testing ahead of a full assault next season, so to be racing this weekend is really exciting', Hatfield said.
'I've had six days' worth of testing so far this year and feel very comfortable in the car. The SVR team and I tested at Brands Hatch earlier in the year and it's a circuit I enjoy as its fast nature provides an exciting challenge.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
'I've had a lot of tutoring from both Danny [Buxton] and several of the Renault UK Clio Cup drivers, so I'm feeling really good ahead of this weekend. I don't have any high expectations, but it would be good to be racing within the mix of everyone to gain some valuable experience.'