Lastmanlastround could pay for punters’ drinks at Yarmouth this afternoon
- Credit: PA
Lastmanlastround should pay for the drinks with a win in the Follow Us On Facebook At Yarmouth Racecourse Handicap on the east coast.
Rae Guest's runner had a mixed end to his initial campaign last year, winning at the fourth attempt at Thirsk in August before proving bitterly disappointing when last of 11 on his final start at Kempton the following month.
Gelded over the winter, he was well supported on his return at Brighton and paid back his followers with a cosy neck victory, although they obviously had to sweat a bit for their money.
There appeared to be a bit still come on that occasion and a 2lb rise should not be too hard to surmount.
In Ken's Memory made a victorious debut for Michael Appleby at Brighton last week and can strike again while the iron is hot in the John Kemp 4 X 4 Centres Of Norwich Fillies' Handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Returning from a seven-month break, she was fully in command in winning by two lengths and it is telling she reappears under a penalty rather than waiting for the assessor to have his say.
Cartographer showed oodles of promise with her debut second last term and can get an early win on the board in the Holidays On The Norfolk Broads Median Auction Maiden Stakes.
- 1 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 2 What it is like to be registered at Norfolk's busiest GP
- 3 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 4 Elderly people furious as crumbling church wall closure blocks walkway
- 5 Man abducted girl, 14, and tried to hide her under bench
- 6 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 7 Sharp-eyed police spot wanted man at Norwich Market
- 8 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 9 'He spread joy': Tributes to sports-mad UEA lecturer after sudden death
- 10 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
Racing wide at Kempton last November, she finished with a flourish down the outside but was beaten a head by Hathiq at the line. A repeat of that form would put her on the premises here.
Elsewhere Nezwaah can make the long journey north from Newmarket pay dividends by landing the Tennent's British Stallion Studs EBF Rothesay Stakes at Ayr.
Roger Varian obviously thinks this Listed affair is the ideal jumping off point for his four-year-old and it will be a surprise if she cannot pick up where she left off last year.
Nezwaah was rated just 73 in February 2016 after winning a Chelmsford maiden, but she made relentless progress to end the year on a perch of 108.
A Listed victory at Newcastle last June proved the high point and inspired her connections to raise their sights to a Group Two event in Deauville last August, but Nezwaah was ultimately found out in finishing last of five runners that day.