Last season’s Senior Cup finalists to meet in third round
- Credit: Archant
One of the big guns in the Norfolk Senior Cup is certain to go out at the third round stage after the draw saw Dereham Town and Norwich United paired together.
The Ryman League Division One North rivals will go head to head at Aldiss Park next month in a repeat of last season's final, which saw the Magpies win 2-0 at Carrow Road.
The teams have already met once this season in the league, with the match at Dereham ending in a 1-1 draw, but honours won't be shared this time, with the tie going to extra-time and penalties if necessary.
The other Ryman League side in the last 16, Wroxham, were handed a home tie against Anglian Combination Division One outfit Hellesdon while the fourth side to enter the competition at this stage, King's Lynn Reserves, were handed a trip to Thetford Town, currently sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division table.
Second round giantkillers Harleston Town and Attleborough Town were both rewarded with home ties in the last 16 – and against fellow Combination sides as well.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston, who scored two late goals to beat Great Yarmouth Town 2-1 last Saturday, have been paired with Mulbarton Wanderers while Attleborough, who saw off Swaffham Town on penalties at Shoemakers Lane after a 3-3 draw, take on Norwich CEYMS.
Boro, who were playing in the Norfolk Junior Cup last season, are the lowest ranked team left in the competition, having yet to win a league game in six attempts since their promotion from Division Two.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
With another tie seeing Long Stratton host Stalham Town the Combination will be represented by at least three clubs when the draw for the quarter-finals is made next month.
There is one all Thurlow Nunn League clash, with Diss Town entertaining Division One rivals Downham Town, while in the other tie Fakenham Town face a potential banana skin against reigning Combination Premier Division champions Acle United.
Draw: Wroxham v Hellesdon, Diss Town v Downham Town, Fakenham Town v Acle Utd, Attleborough Town v Norwich CEYMS, Thetford Town v King's Lynn Town Res, Harleston Town v Mulbarton Wanderers, Long Stratton v Stalham Town, Dereham Town v Norwich Utd.
Games are scheduled for Saturday, November 19 but some will be played in midweek.