Last call for Royal Norfolk Show entries
The Royal Norfolk Show which takes place on June 26 and 27 has issued a final call for entries into the equine section.
With over 100 classes across a wide range of breeds, the equine section is one of the most admired at the Royal Norfolk Show.
Last year's event attracted more than 1,142 equine entries from across the UK, with a further 332 entering the showjumping section.
This year's showjumping circuit uses one of the 15 fences that showcased the themes of UK culture, London's heritage and landmarks, and the history of Greenwich at the 2012 Olympics. In addition, the course itself is designed and built by a member of the Olympic course building team, Kelvin Bywater.
Ann Kent, Bvet Med Cert EP MRCVS, is a specialist vet who attended London 2012 and is also on hand to ensure the equestrian events are injury free.
You may also want to watch:
Showjumping competitions take place on both days and new events this year include the 1.25m Open Competition, Emma Easton Memorial Perpetual Cup. The deadline for entries is May 31.
Former British racehorse trainer and author, Jenny Pitman heads up a wealth of judging experience at this year's Royal Norfolk Show and is joined by James Van Praagh, Bridget Millington, Daniel Park and Mrs A J C Campbell.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
There are limited places available in the Light Horse classes – contact Frances Norton for further details on late entries.
For the equine competition and prize schedule and all class details and entry forms visit the Royal Norfolk Show website at www.royalnorfolkshow.co.uk or for further details contact Frances Norton on 01603 731963.