Laser sharp Alan Cone collects Plant Trophy at Oulton Broad
The main race on Oulton Broad was a General Allcomers for the Phil Plant Memorial Trophy on Saturday.
First to finish were the two leading juniors, George Catchpole in his RS Tera followed by Joe Drake in a Topper but the lead position on the full course was taken by Alan Cone sailing his Laser. He was followed by Phillip Highfield in another Laser, who on handicap beat Tony Truman by just four seconds.
The wind on Sunday was from the south west, backing south.
The best races involved the Waveneys and in both the Class race and the Mixed Keels, Trevor Balls emerged victorious. In the class race he beat Geoff Little after they changed places several times and in the Mixed race he picked his way through the fleet after he went back at the start thinking he was over the line, which he wasn't, to beat David Yapp and Jack Pickering.
At Gorleston 11 boats took to the water and were treated to sunshine, wind and waves.
You may also want to watch:
In race one, Chris Sallis and guest crew Phil Highfield in a RS800 led the fleet to take line honours but were not quite far enough ahead, with David Houghton and John Symonds in a RS500 winning on corrected time despite a late charge by Richard Smith and Andrea Prime, also sailing a RS500.
In race two, Houghton/Symonds led the fleet taking line honours and the win on corrected time. Nick Favell in a Phantom took second place after a close battle with Phil Alison in his Contender.
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency