Large team from UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club heading for British Championships
- Credit: Archant
UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club will send one of its largest team of qualifiers for the British Swimming Championships, the pinnacle of the domestic calendar.
The club held its own competition at the UEA Sportspark when swimmers had their final chance to qualify for the 2015 British Championships.
Sam Peck, 14, and Angel Dunderdale, 13, recorded lifetime bests in the 200m breaststroke and 50m freestyle respectively to book their places for the meet, from April 14-18 at the London Aquatics Centre.
They will now join the already qualified Isaac Kirby, Jack Utting, Grace Leech and Honey Harvey.
Jessica-Jane Applegate, the 2012 Paralympic gold medallist, will be competing in the para-swimming equivalent from March 27-30 in Glasgow.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Alex Pinniger said: 'We are taking a large and talented team to the 2015 British Swimming Championships. Everyone in the club works very hard and it's great to see all of our teams growing.
'It will be a fantastic opportunity for these swimmers to race the best swimmers in Great Britain and to act as role models to our future generations.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk