Lakenham Hewett Ladies celebrate first league win for two years
- Credit: Archant
Lakenham Hewett Ladies were buzzing at the weekend after recording their first league win for two years.
The Lionesses beat Woodbridge Amazons 27-24 at Hilltops, with player-of-the-match Danni Pluckrose leading the way with a hat-trick of tries.
It was a special moment for all the players and supporters and especially coach Dee Mann, who has rebuilt the team and moulded them into a competitive outfit.
Lakenham started the game strongly, with tries from Pluckrose (2) and Josie Howl putting them in command before the Amazons hit back with a score of their own.
The home side led 27-12 at the break, with Chloe Halliwell touching down before player of the match Pluckrose scored again to cap a superb first half at No 8.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were unable to add any points to their tally after the interval, while the opposition closed the gap with a couple of tries, but the second score came late on and Lakenham saw out the game to claim a well-deserved success.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant