Lakenham Hewett Ladies celebrate first league win for two years
- Credit: Archant
Lakenham Hewett Ladies were buzzing at the weekend after recording their first league win for two years.
The Lionesses beat Woodbridge Amazons 27-24 at Hilltops, with player-of-the-match Danni Pluckrose leading the way with a hat-trick of tries.
It was a special moment for all the players and supporters and especially coach Dee Mann, who has rebuilt the team and moulded them into a competitive outfit.
Lakenham started the game strongly, with tries from Pluckrose (2) and Josie Howl putting them in command before the Amazons hit back with a score of their own.
The home side led 27-12 at the break, with Chloe Halliwell touching down before player of the match Pluckrose scored again to cap a superb first half at No 8.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were unable to add any points to their tally after the interval, while the opposition closed the gap with a couple of tries, but the second score came late on and Lakenham saw out the game to claim a well-deserved success.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church