Lake lands personal best catch at Blackdyke
FLY FISHING: Ice has played a big part in the fishing over the last week, with nearly all lakes suffering to a lesser or greater degree. With the extremely cold spell coming up this week there maybe the chance of all lakes freezing so ring before setting off.
Ice has played a big part in the fishing over the last week, with nearly all lakes suffering to a lesser or greater degree. With the extremely cold spell coming up this week there maybe the chance of all lakes freezing so ring before setting off.
Blackdyke Trout Fishery 07525 730447. Leo Orlando last week took six fish well over 5lb, with the best being a 7lb 4oz rainbow which was safely returned. Paul Lake caught a personal best a 4lb 4oz rainbow - he and his son went on to catch eight fish for 15lb. The lake has been ice-free all week and most fish were caught on montanas, apperisers, blood worm, cats whiskers and orange Fritz combined with a long leader on a floating line or a intermediate with a slow to medium figure of eight retrieve. There will be a tuition day with Tim Gaunt Baker on January 10. Contact Paul Speed on 07525 730447.
Larkwood Trout Fishery 01284 728612. Has also been fishing well during the Christmas break. The rod average is currently standing at five fish per angler. Larkwood regular Olly Darley took Larkwood's biggest fish of the week, a cracking rainbow of 7 1/4 lbs. The water is gin clear.
South Elmham Trout Fishery 07500 703389. What fishing there has been has been very good with several decent fish being caught. Ring for the most up to date information.
Rocklands Mere 07900 004953. Chris Esstratiou took six fish, five rainbows and one brownie using a nymph on a floating line.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 6 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 7 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 8 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 9 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 10 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS