L&Y set themselves up for battle with the leaders
CAMPION 16, LOW & YARMOUTH 44: L&Y bounced back from a disastrous journey to Romford by registering another five-point win with a seven-try blitz of Campion.
The win takes them up to second ahead of this weekend's home meeting with early season pacesetters Basildon.
Scott Nelson started the scoring when he dummied his way through midfield to score under the posts. League debutant Tom Dare almost got the second in the corner but the high tackle that prevented his score earned a penalty try instead.
Russ Chapman converted both before Campion came back with an unconverted score of their own in the corner followed by a penalty. Marc Thomas got the third score courtesy of a neat pop pass from Steve Powles, Campion replied with another penalty then Jake Titterington squeezed over in the corner to end the half.
L&Y carried on with some excellent play after the break and soon went further ahead when Powles was driven over after claiming a Campion line-out.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas got a second score from another driven line-out before Campion replied with a breakaway score. Chapman knocked over a penalty to extend the lead and Brad Sutherland finished off a fine match by cruising over in the corner to top off some wonderful team play.
• Holt kept themselves firmly in the hunt in Eastern Counties One with a 27-3 derby win at Crusaders. Holt led only 3-0 at the interval with a penalty by Allen but made the most of the benefit of the slope in the second half with a tries by Rumsby,
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Robson, Woods and Ilsley. . Crusaders responded with a drop goal by their stand-off a minute from time. West Norfolk lost 17-15 at Southwold while Fakenham were thrashed 65-0 at Harwich.