Kyla Love strikes but Norwich City Ladies slip to another defeat
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies' search for a victory goes on after they were beaten 3-1 at Luton Town.
The Canaries made the brighter start but Luton struck first when Lucy Webster fired past Ellie Bird to give the Hatters the lead.
The goal appeared to knock Norwich out of their stride and Luton doubled their advantage thanks to a fine solo effort from Joanne Rutherford.
The second half started with neither side dominating and with few chances to either side. However, Luton effectively wrapped up the points in the 75th minute through Lucy Webster.
To their credit, Norwich didn't let their head drop and laid siege on the Luton goal. They got their reward on 82 minutes when Kyla Love, who went close in the first half, lobbed the Luton goalkeeper to make it 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich will now dust themselves down and look to bounce back from this latest defeat when they entertain Denham on Sunday.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk