Coronavirus forces postponement of Royals clash
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield’s game against Stowmarket Town tomorrow has been called off after the visitors recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.
The Royals were due to face Stowmarket in a Thurlow Nunn Premier Division match.
Stowmarket were forced to postpone their scheduled home game against Walsham-le-Willows on Tuesday for the same reason..
A statement on their official website read: “Following Saturday’s game against Mildenhall Town, one of our first-team players received a message from the NHS track and trace to notify him that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Although his last contact with them was the previous Wednesday, he has still since tested positive and now our whole squad will need to be tested.
You may also want to watch:
The whole club will continue to support all of our players and supporters and we wish anyone testing positive a speedy recovery.”
- 1 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 2 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom