Coronavirus forces postponement of Royals clash
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield’s game against Stowmarket Town tomorrow has been called off after the visitors recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.
The Royals were due to face Stowmarket in a Thurlow Nunn Premier Division match.
Stowmarket were forced to postpone their scheduled home game against Walsham-le-Willows on Tuesday for the same reason..
A statement on their official website read: “Following Saturday’s game against Mildenhall Town, one of our first-team players received a message from the NHS track and trace to notify him that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Although his last contact with them was the previous Wednesday, he has still since tested positive and now our whole squad will need to be tested.
You may also want to watch:
The whole club will continue to support all of our players and supporters and we wish anyone testing positive a speedy recovery.”
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk