Coronavirus forces postponement of Royals clash
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield’s game against Stowmarket Town tomorrow has been called off after the visitors recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.
The Royals were due to face Stowmarket in a Thurlow Nunn Premier Division match.
Stowmarket were forced to postpone their scheduled home game against Walsham-le-Willows on Tuesday for the same reason..
A statement on their official website read: “Following Saturday’s game against Mildenhall Town, one of our first-team players received a message from the NHS track and trace to notify him that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Although his last contact with them was the previous Wednesday, he has still since tested positive and now our whole squad will need to be tested.
You may also want to watch:
The whole club will continue to support all of our players and supporters and we wish anyone testing positive a speedy recovery.”
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk