Stars planning for life without Robert Lambert
King's Lynn co-promoter Dale Allitt has admitted the club are planning for 2021 without European Champion Robert Lambert.
New conditions attached to Polish contracts mean riders competing in the Ekstraliga can only race in one other league, and long-serving Lambert is also fixed up in Sweden in addition to his Grand Prix and SEC places.
“We'll miss Robert, of course we will,” said Allitt. “But he's one of our own and always will be. We are sure we'll see him back in Stars colours at some stage in the future, and we'll be following his progress on TV and in the media.
“He started with our National League team at 15 and has developed into a World-class rider, and we're looking forward to seeing him on the Grand Prix stage this year.
“We are hoping to welcome him back so Stars fans can celebrate his European title, and he will be a welcome visitor anytime he can get here.
You may also want to watch:
“Now it's time for the rest of the team and everyone at the club to look ahead to the 2021 season in the spring and summer months when the Stars take to the track again.”
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall