King’s Lynn unveil Birmingham opener
King's Lynn Stars begin their new era with an Elite Elevation Trophy challenge double header against fellow top flight new boys Birmingham.
Lynn will host Birmingham at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday, March 23 with the return 24 hours later at Perry Barr.
Both clubs have opted to move up from the Premier League for the 2011 season after regularly contesting for honours in speedway's second tier.
'This trophy is a great way to start the season as our two CVs from the Premier League are extremely impressive,' said Stars' chief Buster Chapman. 'No doubt both of us will have a competitive line up and we will be keen to see who looks to have the edge for the coming season.'
Brummies' promoter Graham Drury is relishing the step up with the Birmingham club hosting Poole in the first live televised Skysports fixture of the Elite season the week after visiting Norfolk.
'We are two ambitious clubs who have brilliant facilities and great support,' he said. 'I think it was only natural for both of us to eventually take the step up into one of the world's top speedway leagues. The whole of the Premier League will be taking a close look at us so I hope we both make a success of it and other clubs are tempted to follow us up next season.'
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl