Norwich City loanee turns on the Power as King’s Lynn Town get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City loanee Simon Power struck twice as King's Lynn Town won 2-1 at Gateshead.
Power put the Linnets ahead after 15 minutes, and although the hosts levelled six minutes into the second half, Power struck again with nine minues remaining to give Lynn their first win since January 25.
The end of the three-game winless run means they remain two points behind leaders York, who won 3-1 away to Alfreton, but with four games in hand.
Third-placed Boston United are now six points behind, from two games more, after a 1-1 draw at Curzon, while Brackley, in fourth, beat Blyth Spartans 5-2.
Gateshead: Guthrie, Tear, Nicholson, Agnew (87), Cooper, Williamson, Oliver (Keating 71), Deverdics, Preston, Olley, O'Donnell. Unused subs: Lees, Pattison. Booked: Agnew. Goal: O'Donnell 51
Lynn: Street, Jones, Barrows, Jarvis, Smith, McAuley, Power (Payne 85), Richards, Gash, Marriott (Southwell 80), Henderson (Carey 68). Unused subs: Payne, Kelly, Southwell, Ward.
Goals: Power 15, 81
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks