Norwich City loanee turns on the Power as King’s Lynn Town get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City loanee Simon Power struck twice as King's Lynn Town won 2-1 at Gateshead.
Power put the Linnets ahead after 15 minutes, and although the hosts levelled six minutes into the second half, Power struck again with nine minues remaining to give Lynn their first win since January 25.
The end of the three-game winless run means they remain two points behind leaders York, who won 3-1 away to Alfreton, but with four games in hand.
Third-placed Boston United are now six points behind, from two games more, after a 1-1 draw at Curzon, while Brackley, in fourth, beat Blyth Spartans 5-2.
Gateshead: Guthrie, Tear, Nicholson, Agnew (87), Cooper, Williamson, Oliver (Keating 71), Deverdics, Preston, Olley, O'Donnell. Unused subs: Lees, Pattison. Booked: Agnew. Goal: O'Donnell 51
You may also want to watch:
Lynn: Street, Jones, Barrows, Jarvis, Smith, McAuley, Power (Payne 85), Richards, Gash, Marriott (Southwell 80), Henderson (Carey 68). Unused subs: Payne, Kelly, Southwell, Ward.
Goals: Power 15, 81
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships