Norwich City loanee turns on the Power as King’s Lynn Town get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City loanee Simon Power struck twice as King's Lynn Town won 2-1 at Gateshead.
Power put the Linnets ahead after 15 minutes, and although the hosts levelled six minutes into the second half, Power struck again with nine minues remaining to give Lynn their first win since January 25.
The end of the three-game winless run means they remain two points behind leaders York, who won 3-1 away to Alfreton, but with four games in hand.
Third-placed Boston United are now six points behind, from two games more, after a 1-1 draw at Curzon, while Brackley, in fourth, beat Blyth Spartans 5-2.
Gateshead: Guthrie, Tear, Nicholson, Agnew (87), Cooper, Williamson, Oliver (Keating 71), Deverdics, Preston, Olley, O'Donnell. Unused subs: Lees, Pattison. Booked: Agnew. Goal: O'Donnell 51
Lynn: Street, Jones, Barrows, Jarvis, Smith, McAuley, Power (Payne 85), Richards, Gash, Marriott (Southwell 80), Henderson (Carey 68). Unused subs: Payne, Kelly, Southwell, Ward.
Goals: Power 15, 81
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued