King’s Lynn Town will give game-time to players who need it most during home League Cup clash
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell has vowed to name a first-team squad for King's Lynn Town's home League Cup match against Lincoln United.
The Linnets boss has often used the Northern League's Doodson Sport-backed competition to hand senior experience to promising reserve-team youngsters. But even though his club host lower-level opponents in the first round, Lynn's manager looks set to field a strong line-up this evening.
Setchell said: 'I'll be playing players who I think need the minutes most and I'll be resting players who I think need a rest most. But it'll be a first-team squad.
'I've got two boys back (from suspension, Jackson Ramm and Jake Jones) and it may not be too soon for Gregg Smith (back).
'I want to get some minutes into him and if he's able to play he'll play. We've got to get him fit, and he knows that, but I don't want to start putting loads of pressure on him.'
You may also want to watch:
Steve Spriggs sits out the second of his three-match suspension while Sam Mulready, who broke his nose during Saturday's 3-1 Evo-Stik Premier Division loss to Curzon Ashton, also looks set to be sidelined.
Dan Quigley (ankle) is a serious doubt.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country