Double delight as Loza grabs the points for Linnets
- Credit: Archant
Jamar Loza grabbed a late double as King’s Lynn Town ended their losing run with a thrilling 3-2 National League home win over Woking.
Lynn looked to have blown their chance of ending a run of four defeats on the bounce when they surrendered the lead in a game in which they were the better team.
But then Loza took over – scoring twice in the final six minutes of normal time against one of his former teams.
It took the Linnets a while to get going, but when they did there looked to be some of the old confidence back. Cameron King and Sonny Carey began to get a grip on midfield, but it was skipper Michael Clunan who teed up Adam Marriott for the opener from a corner in the 27th minute, the striker hooking in a volley from eight yards.
Lynn deserved the lead and were in control, but then allowed Woking back into the game. Keeper Archie Mair came out to meet a cross and didn’t make it – but Kane Ferdinand did, and it was all square on 40 minutes.
Then Lynn allowed a cross in from the right, Josh Davison was unmarked in the area and from six yards headed past a stranded Mair.
Lynn had gone from a position of control, to another uphill battle in the second half.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
Marriott pushed an effort inches wide, but Woking quickly decided to keep hold of what they’d got and not be so adventurous.
Carey teed up Ross Barrows for a drive on the right but the keeper got behind it well.
As the minutes ticked by it looked like Lynn’s luck was going to run out – but then up stepped Loza with a dramatic late double – firing left-footed through a sea of legs on both occasions.
King’s Lynn Town: Mair, Barrows, Lupano, McAuley, Brown (Southwell 73), Richards, Clunan, King (Loza 60), Carey, Mitchell (Power 68), Marriott.
Subs: Smith, Kelly.
Goals: Marriott 27, Loza 84, 88
Woking: Ross, Cook, Casey, Cooper, Shootton, Ferdinand, Jarvis (Tarpey 79), Lofthouse, Reid, Block (Kretzschmar 41), Davison (Spasov 74).
Subs: Collier, Goddard.
Goals: Ferdinand 40, Davison 54