BREAKING NEWS: King’s Lynn v Stratford is OFF
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town's play-off semi-final clash against Stratford Town on Wednesday is off.
The Linnets released a tweet late on Tuesday night without adding further details, although a statement is expected on Wednesday morning.
It is understood that the issue is within their opponents' camp.
A statement on Stratford's official website said: 'Wednesday's play-off semi-final v Kings Lynn has unfortunately been postponed and we will keep you all updated when we hear further from the FA.
'We have received a letter from the FA on April 29 regards an alleged ineligible player and potential points deduction. The FA asked us to supply relevant information by lunchtime April 30 which we will comply with.
You may also want to watch:
'We await the outcome from the FA and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and we hope a swift conclusion.
'The club will make no further comment until we have heard further from the FA.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools