King’s Lynn Town sign ex-Ipswich Town central defender
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town have added to their depleted ranks by signing former Ipswich Town academy central defender Joe Robinson.
The 22-year-old was at Cambridge City, where he has made 23 appearances this season, and will go straight into Ian Culverhouse's squad for the home game against Leiston this weekend.
'Joe is a player who we've been looking at for some time and he fits the mould we are looking for here at King's Lynn,' said director of football Robbie Back. 'He's a confident lad, a good talker and has been captain for a number of clubs. He is ambitious and wants to play as high as he possibly can.
'More importantly, he has experience of this level having played for Bishops Stortford last season where he made a good impression with Ian.
'He wants to improve under the guidance of Ian and Paul (Bastock). We spent a good hour-and-a-half with him earlier this week and we are pleased to get him on board.'
You may also want to watch:
Robinson was part of Ipswich's academy from the age of 12, but was released 18 months ago after loan spells at Woking, Boston United and St Albans City.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 3 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 4 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 5 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 6 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 7 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent