King’s Lynn Town v Stratford play-off semi-final to take place on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town have managed to bring their Evo-Stik Southern Premier play-off semi-final forward 24 hours and will take on Stratford on Saturday at The Walks (kick-off 3pm).
After the Southern League were instructed by the FA to play their play-off semi-finals on Sunday, owner Stephen Cleeve has successfully negotiated with the relevant authorities to get the game on earlier.
It seems that common sense has prevailed given the Grand East Anglia Run will also be taking place in the town on Sunday making the staging of another major event almost impossible.
It remains to be seen whether the other semi-final between Stourbridge and Alvechurch follow suit.
King's Lynn media officer Mark Hearle said: 'Thankfully the situation has finally been resolved but it should never have taken as long as it has to sort out.
You may also want to watch:
'I now urge everyone to get behind Ian and the lads on Saturday for what is going to be one of the toughest tasks this football club has ever faced to get promoted.
'It has been farcical and diabolical but we now seem to have a solution at last.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
If Lynn manage to beat Stratford they will then play Stourbridge or Alvechurch at The Walks on Wednesday evening before the 'super play-off final' the following Saturday. This would be away at the winners of the Northern section play-off final, which is between South Shields and Warrington.