King’s Lynn Town manager Gary Setchell leaves club
- Credit: Tim Smith
King's Lynn Town manager Gary Setchell has left the club, it has been confirmed.
The club posted a statement on its website on Tuesday night, with chairman Stephen Cleeve saying the decision was 'the hardest he had ever had to make'.
The statement said: 'It is important to Stephen that the Club is challenging for the Play Offs, sadly this season we have fallen short in our agreed target and whilst the blame for this does not lie by any means solely at Gary's door, it is imperative that the club moves forward next season and are genuinely involved in the promotion race.
'League Football is still very much the aim of the club, and after weeks of thought the chairman felt it was in the club's interest to act swiftly.
'The club would like to wish Gary well for the future and he will be assured a warm welcome whenever he visits The Walks Stadium.'
You may also want to watch:
A new manager will be announced in the next few days.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall