King’s Lynn Town manager Gary Setchell leaves club
- Credit: Tim Smith
King's Lynn Town manager Gary Setchell has left the club, it has been confirmed.
The club posted a statement on its website on Tuesday night, with chairman Stephen Cleeve saying the decision was 'the hardest he had ever had to make'.
The statement said: 'It is important to Stephen that the Club is challenging for the Play Offs, sadly this season we have fallen short in our agreed target and whilst the blame for this does not lie by any means solely at Gary's door, it is imperative that the club moves forward next season and are genuinely involved in the promotion race.
'League Football is still very much the aim of the club, and after weeks of thought the chairman felt it was in the club's interest to act swiftly.
'The club would like to wish Gary well for the future and he will be assured a warm welcome whenever he visits The Walks Stadium.'
You may also want to watch:
A new manager will be announced in the next few days.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son