Lynn manager Culverhouse among favourites for Lincoln job
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
King's Lynn boss Ian Culverhouse is one of the early favourites to take over as the new Lincoln City manager. He has led the Linnets to the top of National League North defeating big name sides including Darlington and Hereford, losing just once.
Lynn's success hasn't gone unnoticed with League One side Lincoln reportedly looking at the former Norwich City player to replace the outgoing Danny Cowley who left the club for Huddersfield Town yesterday.
Culverhouse has been made second favourite for the job at 9/4 by Skybet behind Newport County manager Michael Flynn at 5/4, other potential candidates include Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth, former Bolton manager Phil Parkinson and former Hull City manager Nigel Adkins.
A King's Lynn Town spokesman said the club had not yet been approached by the League One side.
He said: "It shows that we are doing well if we're being noticed at that level."
You may also want to watch:
The news follows the Linnets 2-2 draw away to Spennymoor Town last weekend.
Lincoln currently sit 5th in League One following a 3-1 defeat away to Wycombe last Saturday.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures