King’s Lynn Town launch community hub at their Walks ground
King's Lynn Town have launched a scheme which will turn their Walks home into a community hub.
Linnets chairman, Keith 'Buster' Chapman said: 'The club wants to engage with the community more so we have been chewing a few ideas over and hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
'The former Caf� Verde will be converted into a Community Hub which will be open for use every day or evening of the week for approved associations or clubs at absolutely no charge.
'One of the first groups to come on board is the Stars Study Centre who plan to embrace the Football as well as the Speedway in their studies. We also plan to allow selected groups to use the pitch during their sessions for activities and training.
'This really is a unique project and one which we hope the community embraces and makes full use of, it would be great to see people making the most of our fantastic club every single day of the week.'
You may also want to watch:
Friends Of The Linnets have offered their help in the revamp of the old Caf� and are looking for donations of memorabilia 'we want the Community Hub to beam with memorabilia from the club of old and new.
'We would really appreciate any shirts, trophies or photos that people would like to donate,' said committee chairman, Andrew Wilson.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Any clubs or associations who wish to use the hub should contact Charlotte Rham by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone wishing to donate memorabilia can drop it to the Friends at the club shop on matchday.
Tomorrow the Linnets go for their fourth successive win when Barwell visit The Walks in an FA Trophy clash.