King’s Lynn Town keeper Street signs dual registration forms with Wisbech Town
King's Lynn Town goalkeeper Alex Street has signed dual registration forms with Wisbech Town but will be available for the Linnets' FA Trophy tie against Barwell on Saturday.
After Danny Gay rejoined Lynn last week, Street found himself down the pecking order and rejected the chance to join Holbeach United on loan.
However, a move to Wisbech appealed to the 21-year-old with the Fenmen having goalkeeping problems of their own with both Lea Jordan and Tom Roberts out through injury.
Street said on Twitter: 'Looking forward to learning off Danny Gay but also looking forward to playing for Wisbech Town! #bestofbothworlds.'
However, Street will have to wait to make his first appearance in the red of Wisbech for more than two years with Lynn needing his services this weekend because Gay is cup-tied.
You may also want to watch:
The shot-stopper, better known as Pedro, has been an almost ever-present inbetween the sticks for Lynn since moving to the club, along with manager Gary Setchell, after the pair decided to swap Wisbech for their fierce rivals in 2010.
The talented keeper looks set to play in the Trophy and league cup for Evo-Stik Division One South Lynn but is likely to feature for Steve Appleby's Fenmen for much of the season.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
With Wisbech playing one level below the Linnets, Street can play in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division for the Elgood's Fenland Stadium outfit and in their FA Vase fixtures.
The popular keeper will continue to train with Lynn on a weekly basis through the season.