King’s Lynn Town keeper Street signs dual registration forms with Wisbech Town
King's Lynn Town goalkeeper Alex Street has signed dual registration forms with Wisbech Town but will be available for the Linnets' FA Trophy tie against Barwell on Saturday.
After Danny Gay rejoined Lynn last week, Street found himself down the pecking order and rejected the chance to join Holbeach United on loan.
However, a move to Wisbech appealed to the 21-year-old with the Fenmen having goalkeeping problems of their own with both Lea Jordan and Tom Roberts out through injury.
Street said on Twitter: 'Looking forward to learning off Danny Gay but also looking forward to playing for Wisbech Town! #bestofbothworlds.'
However, Street will have to wait to make his first appearance in the red of Wisbech for more than two years with Lynn needing his services this weekend because Gay is cup-tied.
You may also want to watch:
The shot-stopper, better known as Pedro, has been an almost ever-present inbetween the sticks for Lynn since moving to the club, along with manager Gary Setchell, after the pair decided to swap Wisbech for their fierce rivals in 2010.
The talented keeper looks set to play in the Trophy and league cup for Evo-Stik Division One South Lynn but is likely to feature for Steve Appleby's Fenmen for much of the season.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
With Wisbech playing one level below the Linnets, Street can play in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division for the Elgood's Fenland Stadium outfit and in their FA Vase fixtures.
The popular keeper will continue to train with Lynn on a weekly basis through the season.