King’s Lynn Town happy to be on their travels ahead of trip to Chorley
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell admits he's relieved his team are on the road this afternoon.
The Linnets have suffered back-to-back defeats in front of their own fans in the last seven days, shipping nine goals in the process.
But today the promoted outfit are at Chorley and Setchell is delighted to be away from the pressure cooker that is the club's own Walks ground.
Lynn's boss said: 'For me, it's a terrific game for us today.
'I'd much rather be away against a side who are near the top of the league than home against a team near the bottom of the league. Because we're feeling the pressure at home a little bit obviously – we've just conceded nine goals in two games.
You may also want to watch:
'So it's a great game for us. It's sink or swim time. We need to go there and put in a mighty performance, like I know we can do, and if we play well we can beat Chorley, no two ways about it. But if we play poorly we could get another good hiding.'
Setchell's men, ninth in the Evo-Stik Premier Division, head to Lancashire to face an outfit that sit third.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
However, the Magpies, managed by former Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers midfielder Garry Flitcroft, are only four points above Lynn – who despite their poor week have enjoyed a decent start to life at Step Three of the non-league ladder – in the table.