King’s Lynn Town sign Kettering defender Kalern Thomas
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town have completed the signing of defender Kalern Thomas.
Thomas arrives at The Walks from Lynn's Southern Central League rivals Kettering Town.
The Leicester-born full-back signed for the Poppies from Solihull Moors last December and made 22 appearances during the second half of last season.
Thomas, who is primarily a right-sided defender but also capable of playing on the left, has also played for Corby Town and Boston United.
On his new addition, Linnets boss Simon Clark said: 'Kalern came in very late at Kettering last season and was the best right-back there from January onwards.
You may also want to watch:
'He has tremendous foot speed, which is always good for a defender, and he is very comfortable on the ball.
'His fitness levels are incredible. He makes great distance up the pitch, but is also a very good defender.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
'He loves to be coached and is another lad who is at the right age to improve further.
'Another big plus is that he is experienced at this level and the one above. Kalern has an intrinsic motivation that all managers want their players to have.'
He began his career on the books of Walsall before turning out for Quorn ahead of his eventual switch to Steel Park.
Thomas becomes Lynn's first signing of the summer and his arrival follows Michael Gash and Frazer Blake-Tracy agreeing new deals to stay with the club last week.