King’s Lynn Town defender Tom Ward leaves The Walks
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Town have parted company with central defender Tom Ward.
Ward was offered the chance to return to The Walks in pre-season by new manager Simon Clark, but declined and is now on the lookout for a new club.
Signed from St Neots towards the end of 2016, Ward made 62 appearances for the Linnets – including eight as a substitute – scoring six goals. His final appearance was as a substitute in the play-off final defeat by Slough in May.
Lynn have already lost right back Cameron Norman, whose contract expired – the former Norwich City youngster has joined League One Oxford United. Another former Canary, the experienced Simon Lappin, has also departed as have strikers Tom Siddons and Leon Mettam, who have joined Spalding United.
Striker Michael Gash and left-sided defender Frazer Blake-Tracey have extended their stays at The Walks, while Clark has added Kalern Thomas from Kettering as a replacement for Norman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van