King’s Lynn Town devastated as their dream of reaching FA Cup first round dies at final hurdle
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Gary Setchell admits it's going to take a huge effort to lift his King's Lynn Town players after their heartbreaking FA Cup exit.
The Linnets were 1-0 up at the break against higher-level AFC Fylde and just 45 minutes away from a place in tonight's prestigious first round draw. But a host of individual errors after the break cost the hosts dearly as they blew the chance of facing a Football League club in the world-famous competition.
'We didn't play great, but we kept going,' said Setchell.
'They didn't play great but they won 4-3. I'm absolutely devasted. The players are devastated. The players concerned know they made the errors and it's just a really disappointing way to go out of the FA Cup.'
Lynn host Belper Town tomorrow night as they look to immediately bounce back from Saturday's painful fourth qualifying round defeat.
You may also want to watch:
'It's going to be a bit difficult (to pick the lads up) now if I'm honest,' added Lynn's boss.
'The players are on the floor. They're absolutely devastated. We've given absolutely everything we've got again. We've used up a lot of gas, and a lot of mental gas as well. We're pig sick. We've got to get over this nightmare by getting three points on Tuesday night and getting back on with the bread and butter. But the lads are going to take some picking up after that, that's for sure.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend