King’s Lynn Town and replay-bound Wroxham learn their FA Trophy fate
King's Lynn Town have been handed another home draw in the next round of the FA Trophy while Wroxham will play away - again - if they win their replay tomorrow night.
Gary Setchell's Lynn, who play at Step Four of the non-league ladder, beat highly-rated Barwell (Step Three) 1-0 at The Walks on Saturday to seal their place in the second qualifying round.
They will welcome another higher-level side, in the shape of Ryman Premier Division strugglers Carshalton Athletic (Step Three), after today's draw was made.
Surrey-based Carshalton, currently third from bottom in their league, beat Heybridge Swifts (Step Four) 3-0 on Saturday.
David Batch's Ryman Division One North Wroxham (Step Four) held higher-level Canvey Island (Step Three) on the road at the weekend in a goalless game.
You may also want to watch:
The Yachtsmen, who beat AFC Hayes (Step Four) at home in the preliminary round after coming into the competition one stage earlier than Lynn and Lowestoft Town, will travel to either Uxbridge or Royston Town (both Step Four) if they can beat Island.
The second qualifying round ties will be played on Saturday October 27. Winners will pocket �3,250 prize money and progress to the third qualifying round - where they will be joined by Blue Square North and South (Step Two) teams.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Ryman Premier Division Lowestoft's name wasn't in the hat after their Trophy dream ended on Saturday with a 1-0 defeat at Lewes (Step Three).