King’s Lynn Town aim to Winn over loan winger from Chester
- Credit: Ian Burt
Striker Leon Mettam ends his spell at King's Lynn Town tomorrow – but Peter Winn's time in Norfolk might not be quite as short-lived.
The Linnets' loanees both arrived on one-month deals, with the Tamworth frontman's running out after the weekend's trip to Nantwich. Winn's doesn't finish until February 28 and boss Gary Setchell admits there is a chance the Chester winger could be around at The Walks for a while longer yet.
'I'm really happy with Leon, what he's contributed on and off the pitch, and I'm really happy with Peter,' said Setchell.
'There might be something we can do with Peter. His situation is a little bit different to Metts. He's got another year (on his contract) but Peter's (contract) is up at the end of the season. He'll look to what he wants to do with his career. You can see Peter's going to be a tip-top player for this level. He'll be someone we might be able to do something with, hopefully. But he's Chester's player, simple as that.
'Leon's going to go back to Tamworth and I dare say he'll help them probably get into the (Conference North) play-offs if not get promotion.'
You may also want to watch:
Setchell is also chasing the full-time services of a defender as he looks to improve his club's mid-table Evo-Stik Premier Division position. But he has missed out on signing frontman Ben Mackey following his departure from St Neots Town.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000