King’s Lynn Town aim for Boxing Day payback at Stamford
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Town make the short trip to Stamford this afternoon looking for revenge.
The Linnets lost 4-1 on their last visit to Kettering Road on a day which threatened to blow the Evo-Stik Division One South title race wide open. And while Lynn still lifted the championship and gained promotion, as did their opponents, The Walks club will be looking to avenge that heavy reverse.
Lynn boss Gary Setchell said: 'We all know Stamford hasn't always been a great place for us so we'll be looking to put that right.'
Town, seventh, have adapted to the Evo-Stik Premier Division far better than the 21st-placed Daniels – who are managed by ex-Linnet David Staff. But Setchell knows his men will have to be at their best to pick up a Boxing Day derby victory.
'I suppose we'll go there slightly favourites but Staffy will have his team wound up,' Setchell also told his club's YouTube channel. 'It's important for us to show the same grit and determination we did against AFC Fylde.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn's Andy Hall makes his first return to Stamford but Ryan Robbins – who joined Lynn this summer but left without kicking a ball – is suspended for the hosts.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit