King’s Lynn Town 4 Ipswich Town XI 3: Leon Mettam hits late winner
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Town continued their pre-season schedule with a 4-3 win over an Ipswich Town XI at The Walks on Wednesday night.
Visiting goalkeeper Michael Crowe was the busier of the two goalkeepers in the first half but the Linnets deservedly took the lead just before the break through Toby Hilliard. Ipswich hit back early in the second half through Monty Patterson but Ryan Hawkins restored the Linnets lead soon after.
Patterson grabbed his second of the evening to level matters before the visitors got their noses in front thanks to an Albert Wilton strike.
Hilliard restored parity in the 82nd minute and that's how it looked like it was going to end until Leon Mettam's 89th-minute free-kick.
Lynn are in action at The Walks again this weekend when Gorleston are the visitors. Culverhouse's men complete their pre-season schedule with a trip to Lowestoft Town the following weekend before their league opener at home to Gosport Boro on Saturday, August 12.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre