King’s Lynn Town 4 Dereham Town 0: McDonald makes mark for Linnets in Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town progressed through to the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup with a convincing victory at the Walks last night.
The Linnets opened the scoring in the seventh minute when new signing Massiah McDonald used good strength before firing home a powerful low drive.
The home side soon doubled their lead when George Thomson worked himself space just outside the area and unleashed a well directed left foot drive that whistled into the net in the 15 minute.
Dereham regrouped and started to make ground into the King's Lynn half but they went in at the break two goals down.
The tie was as good as settled in the 57th minute when McDonald headed home his second goal of the night from close range after Andy Hall had struck the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Seconds from the final whistle Ryan Fryatt headed home a Hall corner to complete the scoring.
The Linnets have confirmed the signing of midfielder Jack McGovern from Coalville Town.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
Meanwhile, Wisbech Town suffered their first defeat in six matches last night when they went down 1-0 at Boston Town in the United Counties League.
- See more photos from the Norfolk Senior Cup clash between King's Lynn and Dereham in the gallery at the top-right of this page.