King’s Lynn Town 2, Deeping Rangers 1
A late goal from Robbie Harris earned King's Lynn Town a comeback victory at The Walks last night – and lifted them up to second place in the UCL Premier Division table.
Harris struck with just 10 minutes remaining to settle a tight game watched by a crowd of 425.
As a result the Linnets moved above Peterborough Northern Star – beaten 4-2 at home by Wellingborough – on goal difference. They are now just two points behind leaders Long Buckby, who were in cup action last night. The Northamptonshire side, who have won all their league games so far, now have a game in hand.
The Linnets took the lead on 24 minutes last night through an own goal but were pegged back 11 minutes later.
It seemed for long periods as though two precious points would be dropped but Harris ended those fears with a timely goal.
You may also want to watch:
• King's Lynn: Street, Bexfield, Yong (White), Wall, Buhlemann, Hughes, Spriggs, L Thurlbourne, Harris, Beaumont (Moriera), J Thurlbourne (Coe).
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp