Beevers added to King’s Lynn squad ahead of friendly opener
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Simon Clark has added former Ipswich and Colchester player Lee Beevers to his squad and backroom team ahead of King's Lynn Town's opening pre-season game.
Beevers, 34, who can play in defence or midfield, comes as player-assistant manager to Clark and fellow assistant boss Sam Gaughran.
Clark will field two teams including triallists and potential signings against Fakenham at The Walks tonight (7.30pm) – and will also hold a full-blown training session just before the game.
'I'm grateful to Fakenham for the game,' said Clark. 'It was arranged at the last minute.
'We'll be fielding two XIs against Fakenham.
You may also want to watch:
'We're not going to be warming up before the game – we'll train. We don't just want it to be a 45-minute hit.
'We'll have a very tough 30 minutes beforehand. It will be interesting to see how they play, doing a training session and then having them tired.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
'Every session has to be worthwhile, in all disciplines. There will be other people involved: triallists and potential signings.
'There will be an opportunity to look at them and how they fit in with our group.'
Clark is hoping for up to three signings this week.
He said: 'Our chairman is talking to the chairman of another football club. I tried to get all the signings done by Sunday, but I understand with the other chairmen, it's not their full-time job either. I'm not going to be basing any signings just on the Fakenham game.'
Lynn are without the suspended Ryan Fryatt tonight, but supporters should get a first look at new recruits Harry Limb, the former Wisbech Town and Burnley forward, and Kalern Thomas, who joined from Kettering.
Clark added: 'The first two training sessions we had were unofficial. It was purely optional and I had 12 to 16 players. I had players away on holiday.
'It was a matter of getting my ideas into them, and ultimately the seriousness of it. It's not a full-time job, but for those with aspirations of going full-time, there's no short-cuts.'
Lynn are in action again on Friday when they face Norwich City at The Walks (7.45pm).