King’s Lynn to face old foes Ipswich
King's Lynn Stars will revive their East Anglian rivalry with Ipswich in the 2011 Premier League season after the Witches' place in speedway's second tier was confirmed at the annual promoters' conference.
Ipswich will line up at Premier League level after failing to secure a financial package to continue in the Elite. Lynn will also compete against new boys Leicester with Birmingham moving up to the the top flight and Stoke electing to drop down to the National League.
The Premier Trophy and Young Shield cup competitions have been scrapped but Lynn have been drawn against Somerset in the Premier League KO Cup.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm