King’s Lynn to face old foes Ipswich
King's Lynn Stars will revive their East Anglian rivalry with Ipswich in the 2011 Premier League season after the Witches' place in speedway's second tier was confirmed at the annual promoters' conference.
Ipswich will line up at Premier League level after failing to secure a financial package to continue in the Elite. Lynn will also compete against new boys Leicester with Birmingham moving up to the the top flight and Stoke electing to drop down to the National League.
The Premier Trophy and Young Shield cup competitions have been scrapped but Lynn have been drawn against Somerset in the Premier League KO Cup.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre