King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Terrington and William Burt’s 100pc record ended
Terrington faced off with Wisbech CP8 in a top of the table Division One clash – relinquishing their 100pc record after a 1-1 draw.
It was a game they dominated, but failed to capitalise on their chances.
Robbie Palmer put Terrington ahead, before Arron Hurrell equalised to keep CP8 joint top.
March Saracens got one over White Bell after last week's cup defeat with a resounding 3-0 win. Their goals came from the in-form Dayne Moore, Matthew Cox and John Burgess.
Lynn Napier's winless streak continued as they fell 2-1 to England's Hope. Brad Key scored for luckless Napier, and Darren Rawthorn and Dean Jimson scored for 'Hope.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, Fowler forced their way back into title contention, with a 3-2 win over Maltings. Wayne Plummer, Nathan Watson and Ant Munson scored for Fowler, with Corey Brady and Jack Johnson.
Fowler's win means there are four teams on 12 points at the top of the table.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The other two teams joint-level, FANG and William Burt, met at River Lane, and it was Burt who lost their 100pc record after a 5-3 defeat. Jo Malby helped himself to a hat-trick, including a classy third, with Alex Vincent scoring from distance and an completing the tally for FANG. Andy Summers scored twice for Burt, with a second wonder strike in successive weeks for Ryan Smith.
Adrian Flux smashed Maids Head 6-1. Peter 'Zilla' Sanctuary and Jon Howlett notchedg braces, with Ash Rowland and Matty Young also scoring.
Elm beat basement boys Terrington Reserves 4-0 over at Begdale Road, with goals coming from Jack Watson, Dave Abbott, an own goal and William Neale-Scotney.
This Sunday sees the league's sides in County Cup action.
The league, sponsored by West Norfolk Scaffolding, now has an online shop (www.kitmanuk.co.uk) for all Sunday League clubs, where personalised training and club wear can be purchased, with 10pc of proceeds going to the Sunday League.