King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Napier lose again as teams go goal-crazy in knockout cups
Lynn Napier's winless streak stretched to six games after they lost 6-2 at home to Pott Row Old Boys in the Division One Knockout Cup quarter-final.
Lee Clarke (3), Danny Littlewood, Danny Fuller and Graham Barlow scored for Row. Rocky Mayes and Brian King replied for Nap. In-form Chilvers reached the last four by smashing Wisbech CP8 7-2. Wayne Morton got a brace for CP8. Joe Jackson (4), James Tricks (2) and Ashley Keegan scored for Chilvers.
White Bell edged out March Saracens 3-2 to seal their place in the semis. Joe Allen (2) and Robbie O'Keefe netted for Bell. Dyane Moore and Jermaine Watson bagged for March. And extra time was needed in the other last-eight tie before England's Hope succumbed 2-1 to Terrington. Joe Whyborn and Dean Twaite-Smith cancelled each other during 90 minutes before a Robert Palmer 38-yard wonder strike won it. Chilvers host White Bell in the semis, Pott Row welcome Terrington.
In the Division Two Knockout Cup quarters, Maltings exacted revenge over William Burt with a last-gasp 4-3 victory. Chris Edgar, Connor Parnell and Ryan Smith had got Burt back to 3-3 after Dean Fish (2) and Kyle Plumb had scored for Maltings. However, a Jack Johnson penalty won it for Maltings.
Neil Gotsell (2) and Nathan Watson helped Fowler stroll past Maids Head 3-1 while Adrian Flux booked their path into the semis by thumping Elm 13-0. Kyle Benefer (3), Barry Chilvers (2), Ashley Rowland (2), Grant Varnham, Chris Smith, Matty Young, Oliver Shirley, Callum Stanforth and on own goal found the net.
You may also want to watch:
FANG also won 13-0 against Terrington Reserves. Tom Cunliffe (3), Ashley Page (2), Harry Cuncliff (2), Joseph Malby, Tony Thaxton, Alex Vincent, James Buhlemann, Colin Buffham and James Rix notched. Maltings - whose 60-yard goal last week came from Michael Rix not Malby - host Fowler in the semis of the cup - also sponsored by West Norfolk Scaffolding. FANG welcome Flux.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms