King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Holders Terrington see off brave Hunstanton in League Cup
The eagerly anticipated clash of King's Lynn Sunday League's divisional leaders didn't disappoint as Terrington completed their come-from-behind win against Hunstanton in extra time.
The Division Two table-toppers took the lead before Luke Tordoff equalised for Terrington, the current holders of the League Cup. Matty Prudence gave the Division One champions, and current leaders, the lead in the first period of extra time before Dean Twaite-Smith sealed the win and set up a second round tie at home to FANG – a repeat of last year's epic final.
In Division One, Chilvers kept up their unbeaten record by beating England's Hope 5-4. Ricky Gunns, Joe Whyborn, Ben Jimson and Ryan Peacock scored for the hosts but it was not enough as Chilvers earned the win through Neil Goodbourn (3), Ashley Keegan and Alan Cook.
Wisbech Wanderers came close to earning their first point, unluckily falling 4-3 away at Gaywood Park Rangers. Chris Green kept up his goal streak with his seventh and eighth strike in three games for GPR. Nathan Mitchell and an own goal were Park's other scorers. Wanderers netted through Ricky Lee-Melton, I Crisp and S Hills.
William Burt climbed out of the relegation zone by beating Horsepigs 2-1. Chris Edgar scored either side of a superb Dan Spalding strike. CSKA Emneth earned a tough point at home to 10-man Maltings. Maltings plundered through Jack Johnson (2) and Tom McLeish.
FANG remain second after a 3-1 win over Vulcatech, who slip into the relegation zone. Tommy Littlewood scored for Vulcatech, but FANG won it through goals from Lewis Osborn, Jo Malby and Rory Harper.
Flitcham continue to impress in Division Two after a slow start with a resounding 5-2 win over March Saracens. The Winking Owls scored through R Cunliffe 2, S Pearson, J Marwick and M Warnes. A Taylor got a couple of consolation goals.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
- 10 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
Long Sutton remain in the promotion hunt after a 2-0 home win over Elm. J Harrison and T Lowe notched. Clenchwarton hammered bottom club Hustlers 10-1. Ashley Sheen got Hustlers' consolation, but J Thurston (3), G Hodgson (3), Dan Chapman (2) and efforts from C Scamell and A Bolderstone saw Victory home.
Tilney Green Lions visited Maides Head and came away 3-1 victors, thanks to strikes from R Precy (2) and D Bond. Flux and River Lane shared a 3-3 thriller. J Bywater (2) and M Gilbert scored for Lane but Flux had goals from Matt Sopp, M Hoppe and J Gollaglee to thank for their point.