King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Chilvers destroy nine-man Vulcatech
Chilvers destroyed nine-man Vulcatech 15-0 to progress to the King's Lynn Sunday League Cherrington Cup quarter-finals.
Neil Goodbourn (5), Ashley Keegan (4), Luis Duarte (2), Danny Jezeph (2), Lee Clarke and Liam Bowley netted in the first round of the competition for Division One clubs.
England's Hope, who have lost the last two finals, squeezed past CSKA Emneth. Scott Wylie netted for the hosts but goals from Michael Chow and Ricky Gunns saw Hope through. Jo Malby (2) and Harry Cunliffe (2) helped FANG see off Gaywood Park Rangers, whose goals came from Chris Green, 4-2.
Elsewhere, William Burt beat Wisbech Wanderers 3-1 thanks to strikes from Chris Edgar, Matty Golland and Joe Wille. C Ratcliffe slotted home Wanderers' consolation.
With FANG and Burt getting promoted in the summer, there will be new finalists in the Division Two-based TGWU Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Flux, despite only having 10 men, came from a goal down, to beat Maides Head 4-1. An own goal gave the victors the worse possible start. But a Jon Howlett goal and a Chris Smith hat-trick gave Flux the win.
CR Eastern Province struck five past Hustlers without reply. Curtis Morais (2), N Powley, L Stevens and S Grimes netted.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Fleet narrowly lost 3-2 at home to Tilney Green Lions. Fleet bagged through J Gilbert and J Clark. R Precy, M Crawford and Darius Sukochi got their names on the scoresheet for TGL.
Long Sutton saw off Elm 8-0 with goals coming through J Harrison (5), P Newcombe, M Garner and T Lowe.
March Saracens got back to winning ways with an 8-2 win over West Lynn. N Gallagher and L Connor helped ease the pain for West Lynn. S Dickinson (3), J Watson (2), A Taylor (2) and James Hazel notching for the Cambridgeshire side.
Due to receiving byes in the Cherrington, there were two league games on Sunday.
Terrington claimed back the top spot in Division One with an emphatic return to form – a 11-1 demolition job on Horsepigs. Matty Prudence and Robbie Palmer notched four goals apiece with the other three coming from Joe Jackson, Kaz Beetlestone and Alec Wilkinson.
Maltings saw off Lynn Napier 6-3 on the 3G at Lynnsport and climbed up to fifth in the process. Jack Johnson and Tom McLeish both grabbed hat-tricks. A Ryan Juby brace and a Wes Britton effort counted for Nap.