King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: All Hope gone for Flux in semi-final bid
England's Hope progressed to a semi-final date with old foes Terrington after an 8-0 win over plucky Adrian Flux in the League Cup.
Jak Hindley missed a penalty for Flux, while Jack Dougall (2), Matty Bussens, Darren Rawthorn, Ben Jimson, Dean Jimson, Joe Whyborn and Paul Richardson scored for Hope.
Terrington booked their semi-final place with a controversial 3-0 win over Maltings that ended with both reduced to 10 men. Robert Palmer of Terrington and Jack Johnson both saw red for dissent, the former for two yellows.
Maltings put up a good fight against their higher-level opponents, but Terrington prevailed with goal-machine Neil Goodbourn scoring twice, and Dean Twaite-Smith once.
Terrington visit Hope, where they travel again the week after for another last-four tie in the Cherrington Cup, on March 10. Division Two FANG host Division One Wisbech CP8.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Chilvers avenged their 6-5 defeat against White Bell earlier in the season with a 7-2 win.
Chilvers scorers were Liam Bowley (2), James Tricks, Danny Jezeph, David Yallop, Ben Oliver and Liam Manning.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
March Saracens v CP8 was called off due to March not being able to raise a side. The win was awarded to their Fenland rivals.
In Division Two, FANG overcame a very determined Fowler by two goals to one. This game had huge implications on the title and promotion race, and FANG prevailed.
Joseph Malby scored a brace for FANG, before Wayne Plummer created a nervy ending to the game with a goal for Fowler. Both teams still harbour title and promotion aspirations, with it likely to be settled on the last day of the season.
William Burt moved six points clear at the top of the table with a hard-earned 5-0 win over Terrington Reserves.
Nathan Mitchell put Burt ahead but they didn't go 2-0 up until the 75th minute, before a late flurry of goals flowed. Connor Parnell scored, and forced 2 own goals, with stand-in striker Pete Clarke lashing home a left-foot howitzer to seal the West Winch club's win.