King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: All Hope gone for Flux in semi-final bid
England's Hope progressed to a semi-final date with old foes Terrington after an 8-0 win over plucky Adrian Flux in the League Cup.
Jak Hindley missed a penalty for Flux, while Jack Dougall (2), Matty Bussens, Darren Rawthorn, Ben Jimson, Dean Jimson, Joe Whyborn and Paul Richardson scored for Hope.
Terrington booked their semi-final place with a controversial 3-0 win over Maltings that ended with both reduced to 10 men. Robert Palmer of Terrington and Jack Johnson both saw red for dissent, the former for two yellows.
Maltings put up a good fight against their higher-level opponents, but Terrington prevailed with goal-machine Neil Goodbourn scoring twice, and Dean Twaite-Smith once.
Terrington visit Hope, where they travel again the week after for another last-four tie in the Cherrington Cup, on March 10. Division Two FANG host Division One Wisbech CP8.
In Division One, Chilvers avenged their 6-5 defeat against White Bell earlier in the season with a 7-2 win.
Chilvers scorers were Liam Bowley (2), James Tricks, Danny Jezeph, David Yallop, Ben Oliver and Liam Manning.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 9 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 10 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
March Saracens v CP8 was called off due to March not being able to raise a side. The win was awarded to their Fenland rivals.
In Division Two, FANG overcame a very determined Fowler by two goals to one. This game had huge implications on the title and promotion race, and FANG prevailed.
Joseph Malby scored a brace for FANG, before Wayne Plummer created a nervy ending to the game with a goal for Fowler. Both teams still harbour title and promotion aspirations, with it likely to be settled on the last day of the season.
William Burt moved six points clear at the top of the table with a hard-earned 5-0 win over Terrington Reserves.
Nathan Mitchell put Burt ahead but they didn't go 2-0 up until the 75th minute, before a late flurry of goals flowed. Connor Parnell scored, and forced 2 own goals, with stand-in striker Pete Clarke lashing home a left-foot howitzer to seal the West Winch club's win.