King's Lynn striker's homecoming delight
Paddy DavittKing's Lynn Town's new striker Jack Defty is delighted to come home.The 29-year-old has agreed to return to The Walks on non contract terms from Blue Square North side Corby Town.Paddy Davitt
King's Lynn Town's new striker Jack Defty is delighted to come home.
The 29-year-old has agreed to return to The Walks on non contract terms from Blue Square North side Corby Town. Defty scored 12 goals for the Steelmen last season after leaving his hometown club where he had previously scored 90 goals in 308 appearances. 'It's great to be coming back home,' he said. 'I have enjoyed my season at Corby where I performed far better than I ever expected, and the decision to drop three leagues was not an easy one but when I meet the new management and saw the improvements happening at the ground I was won over. I believe we have some special times ahead and I aim to help the club reach Conference level within the next few seasons.'
Defty and young defender Brady Stone were unveiled at the club's latest fans' forum and joint boss Gary Setchell believes the double captures signals their intent ahead of the Linnets' United Counties League bow.
'Jack is a proven quality player who will be a major asset to the team,' said Setchell. 'He is someone that the other players will look up to. Jack is a fans' favourite and from the reaction at the forum this seems to have hit them all like a bolt out of the blue, this will hopefully now show everyone that we mean business.'
You may also want to watch:
Club officials have also released details of admission prices for Lynn's UCL campaign.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
UCL home admission prices
Adults �8, concessions �6, junior (aged 12 to 15) �3 with free entry for children aged 11 and under. (Grandstand seating is an additional �1 per person).