King’s Lynn Stars’ youngsters shine once again as Norfolk outfit keep up impressive start to term
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn's Elite League rookies helped maintain their side's excellent start to the 2014 season last night.
The Stars recorded a hugely impressive 52-38 victory over Belle Vue Aces on a night where number one Niels-Kristian Iversen, unusually, failed to a win a race. But Robert Lambert (eight), Lewis Kerr (six, paid eight) and Lewis Rose (seven, paid nine) all played their part to help Lynn collect three more Elite League points at the Norfolk Arena.
Boss Rob Lyon said: 'It shows the exciting talent we've got, if you look at what the younger riders did against their counterparts, they sort of won the meeting for us in a way. It's nice really not to have to rely on the top guns every week.
'It was a tight affair, which I thought it would be early on, but we pulled away in the second half which was pleasing to see. The two Lewises are starting to form a very important pair for us. They're both improving in leaps and bounds, with Robert Lambert having his best meeting so far too.'
The homegrown trio's success came in front of another healthy home crowd which would have further pleased the Stars' hierarchy.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great to watch, it's great to see them boys coming on,' added Lyon.
'I think that's what's capturing the imagination of the public. Kenneth (Bjerre) had another good night and Niels had a bad one but we still pulled out a 14-point win.'
- To read a match report, and see more pictures from last night's meeting, click here.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67