King’s Lynn Stars turn to Freddie Lindgren ahead of trip to Belle Vue Aces
King's Lynn ace Troy Batchelor says the Stars are desperate to turn their form around – starting when they head to Belle Vue tonight.
The Stars have suffered four successive defeats to all but end their Elite League play-off hopes.But Aussie Batchelor insists they are determined to end their frustrating season on a high as they head into two meetings in two days.
They travel to the National Speedway Stadium to take on the table-topping Aces this evening before hosting play-off chasing Wolverhampton, and world champion Tai Woffinden, tomorrow.
'We've had some pretty good results but a lot of bad ones recently,' said Batchelor.
'We just haven't seemed to be able to get a full team for whatever reason, and it's been tough for us.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully we can get the team together over the rest of the season and we can try and end on a high.
'We've got a lot of meetings to go over the next couple of weeks, and we want to win as many of them as possible.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The Stars will head north without number one Niels-Kristian Iversen due to a Danish League meeting. Wolves' Freddie Lindgren will step in as a guest.
Meanwhile, the hosts have drafted in British champion Danny King as a guest for Max Fricke, who is also riding in Denmark this evening.
BELLE VUE: 1 Matej Zagar, 2 Steve Worrall, 3 Danny King (Guest), 4 Scott Nicholls, 5 Craig Cook, 6 Richie Worrall, 7 Joe Jacobs.
LYNN: 1 Freddie Lindgren (G), 2 Kai Huckenbeck, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Rory Schlein, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Lewis Rose, 7 Carl Wilkinson