King’s Lynn Stars turn to a great Scott for home Elite League play-off showdown with Poole
- Credit: Archant
Rob Lyon has turned to a seven-time British champion as King's Lynn start to gear up for their play-off showdown against Poole.
The Stars, boosted by the expected return of Kenneth Bjerre for Monday's semi-final first leg against the Pirates, always knew they had to fill the void left by injured top gun Niels-Kristian Iversen.
Norfolk Arena chiefs have opted to draft in Belle Vue Aces' Scott Nicholls for the home clash and Lyon believes the veteran will give his all for the Stars.
Lynn's team boss said: 'We know it will be a hard task and it would have been even with a full team of our own riders but we will be giving it everything we can to achieve our goals for this season. I know Scott will be giving it everything to help us reach the final stages of the competition.'
The 37-year-old has guested for Lynn six times this term scoring paid 50 from his 28 rides. He has picked up six, plus two, and paid 10 from two five-ride appearances at Saddlebow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Bjerre will replace Iversen at number one if he gets through tomorrow's Grand Prix in Sweden. Nicholls and Rory Schlein will take up the other heat leader positions as the battle for Elite League glory hots up next week.
Poole have drafted in Danny King for suspended number one Darcy Ward and Craig Cook for the injured Josh Grajczonek.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Lynn: 1 Kenneth Bjerre, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Scott Nicholls (Guest), 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Simon Lambert
Poole: 1 Danny King (G), 2 Craig Cook (G), 3 Vaclav Milik, 4 Shamek Pawlicki, 5 Maciej Janowski, 6 Benji Compton, 7 Kyle Newman
Line-ups subject to change