King’s Lynn Stars’ team boss Rob Lyon becomes co-promoter of Norfolk’s Elite League club
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars team boss Rob Lyon has added another string to his speedway bow by becoming a co-promoter of the club.
The former Great Britain chief has been part of the Norfolk Arena outfit's set-up for the past 10 years but is best known for managing the side since 2005. He will now do additional work behind the scenes to help bring more success to Saddlebow Road.
Lyon said: 'Buster (Chapman, owner) had spoken to me about the possibility of becoming involved on the promotional side to ease the burden of the day to day running of the club.
'I was happy to accept, and I hope I can have a positive influence on not only Kings Lynn, but also speedway in general, as it is a difficult time in the sport for all concerned as we all know at the moment.
'Buster and I work well together and know how each other thinks so I'm sure it will work well between us. This season has been pretty hectic and stressful at times for us with all the dreadful injuries our riders have experienced, but we are looking for a positive response from the team to push for an all-important play-off position, and I look forward to the challenges that lay ahead.'
You may also want to watch:
Lyon joints the current promoters Buster and Jonathan Chapman in charge of Norfolk's speedway outfit – who are in action at Peterborough tonight.
Buster said: 'I'm pleased for Rob. He has been a big part of the club since he joined all those years ago.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath