Stars chief enthuses over team ethic ahead of season opener
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn boss Dale Allitt insists his side will stand or fall as a team.
And the Stars chief, who makes a welcome return to the hot seat after getting back to fitness, says there are qualities in every department.
There's a feel-good factor sweeping throughout the club after an exciting winter, headlined by the return of club icon Niels-Kristian Iversen. Allitt leads his side into action at Belle Vue on Monday before the belated opening home meeting of the season against Wolverhampton next Wednesday, April 11.
He said: 'We have a team this year that has good qualities both at the top and bottom end as well as the engine room in the middle order. The team has gelled really well over the winter with the training camps which is something we haven't done before but I think it has made a massive difference to how the boys get on.'
Like many other clubs, Lynn have been left frustrated by a lack of track action because of the persistent rain.
You may also want to watch:
'We would have liked more track time but the postponements were inevitable I'm afraid,' he said. 'It was particularly frustrating to lose track time at our press and practice. But it's time to go racing now and everyone is up for the challenge ahead. We're going to see some great racing I'm sure.'
Club owner Keith Chapman is bursting with enthusiasm – despite the recent damp spell.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
'I'm really looking forward to getting the season going,' he said. 'There's lots of things happening at the club and we want to improve things and take it forward constantly.
'We hope the fans come along and enjoy their speedway and get right behind the Stars team.'